Tags

,

This time next week I will be in hospital after having my second shoulder replacement – or will I? So much has been going on the past few weeks that I’m wondering if I should try to postpone for a while. My head tells me that’s a bad idea as my right arm is getting worse by the day. However my left arm is also giving me problems, enough to doubt its ability to cope ‘on its own’ for the next few weeks. Unfortunately I’m unable to decide if these problems are related to previous surgery or to the fibromyalgia which has been exacerbated by the stress of recent unrelated matters.

My mother has been unwell for sometime and I feel like I should postpone the surgery so that I can be there if she needs me – regardless of whether or not I can physically DO much to help. Steve is also dealing with his own stuff and I think it’s a bit unfair to expect him to look after me on top of everything else.

So with one thing and another my head is in a bit of a mess and I don’t know what to do for the best, my only plan is to have a chat with the surgeon when I’m admitted and get his opinion.

Advertisements